Lower Alloways Creek Historic Log Cabin

Although the original date of construction is unknown, the Historic Log Cabin has been reconstructed as it would have been for the Quakers of the 1700’s.Lumber from local trees were hand hewn for the logs, Jersey sandstone from nearby was used for the foundation along with the four original stones taken from the original site.The doors and windows are from the original Cabin. The mortar used between the logs is from local clay mixed with cat tails as it would have been when originally built.


736 Smick Road, Salem, NJ, 08079